Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fashion & Beauty Ethos: Berry Flavored Lips

This fall I've seen everything from Boysenberry colored lips to flirty Raspberry pastels and I wanted in on the fun. Perfect for women of color, berry-toned lip color makes an amazing singular statement; especially if you keep the rest of your makeup minimal. 

 Deep Wines & light Raspberry colored lipsticks are my faves! 

Be sure to keep the rest of the makeup minimal when wearing darker lip color. 

I love Liya's natural wine colored lip

I decided to try a few colors from Wet & Wild and I was actually pleased with the quality of the lipstick. The color was ultra pigmented and went on nice and smooth. All three lipsticks were purchased for under $7 at Rite Aid which makes them a viable option if you are looking for nice colors that are readily available without breaking the budget.

This plum-wine color [Black Orchid 508A - $.99] was one of my favorites. To keep the color from feathering, I decided to line my lips with a liner that was closest to the color of my skin. - If you wear a color like this, try a complimenting blush like Raizin from MAC [check out my review and pic here] to add more depth and richness to your overall look.

This is a pretty bold color [Ravin Raisin 916D- $2.99] that I would more than likely wear during the day. To avoid the Rainbow Brite look, keep the rest of your makeup clean and minimal so that your lips take center stage. 

Definitely the boldest color of the trio [Vamp It Up 919B -$2.99], this deep plum purple is something I will reach for when I want more of a dramatic, edgy nighttime look. Because this color is so bold, keep the rest of your makeup minimal and try wearing your hair away from your face. 


Lipstick Application Tips: 
  • Use a lipstick brush. It helps you use less product and ensures precise even coverage
  • Don't have the extra cash for a lip primer? Use a bit of foundation in lieu of lip primer
  • Blot lips after applying first coat of lipstick, then apply your next layer. This helps lipstick last longer
  • Lipstick too shiny? Lightly hold a tissue against your lips and press a bit of loose powder on to the tissue. The powder will turn down the shine on the lip color giving it more of a satin finish 
Check out some of these colors I'm currently crushing on! 


Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive