Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Is The Suave Professionals Line Really As Good As Aveda Dry Remedy?

So I was watching TV a while back and I began to doze off while watching commercials. I heard "proven to work as well as Aveda Dry Remedy" and I perked up immediately [thumbs up to the Suave Marketing Team]!! I grabbed the remote, pressed the rewind button, and was shocked it was a Suave commercial!

My product junky-ism kicked in, and the next day I purchased the Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter shampoo + conditioner and put them to the test. They claim [according to the website]:
Infused with 100% natural almond and shea butter, which are known for their rich emollients. The shampoo and conditioner system replenishes lost moisture, leaving your hair well-nourished and beautiful.
Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo - $2.50
Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner - $2.50 

My review:
I admit I had very little faith that this $2.50 product would moisturize like Aveda. Even though time and time again I have learned the lesson that high priced shampoos, conditioners and stylers doesn't always equate to the effectiveness of the product.

I shampooed my hair and was very impressed with the moisturizing properties. I could tell that this product also enhanced my natural curl pattern as well. Because of this, I think it makes a good shampoo to use before doing a wash and go.

Now here's the big question; did it moisturize as well as Aveda Dry Remedy? The answer is....yes, slightly. I give this shampoo a 4.5 out of 5 stars for moisture, while Aveda comes in at 5. - I knew that once I conditioned with the Suave Conditioner, my hair would get even softer. Often it is best to use the shampoo & conditioner as a system because they are designed to work well with each other.  

The conditioner:
The conditioner was a thick, creamy consistency. That I always love to see, because it gives me hope that it will hydrate my thirsty strands. It did. My hair was soft, easy to manage, and had a considerable amount of shine! On it's own compared to Aveda Dry Remedy Conditioner, I give this a 4.5 versus Aveda's 5. - I left this conditioner on for about 15-20 minutes without heat [I did have a plastic shopping bag on my head, lol] and my hair definitely thanked me for it.  

Final analysis:
When used as a system, this product definitely leaves your hair feeling as moisturized as Aveda Dry Remedy. When used separately, they fall slightly short [however 4.5 out of 5 stars isn't bad]. I will definitely repurchase these two products, because you certainly get more than your money's worth.

My recommendation:
If you are looking for an economical yet effective shampoo & conditioner, this is definitely one of your best bets!

Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive