Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Fashion & Beauty Ethos: DIY Chic Tribal Mani

Everywhere I turn, I find design speckled with tribal undertones. So I decided to do my nails in a tribal inspired mani this past weekend, and it was extremely easy! In keeping with the theme the past few weeks, I decided to use a toothpick for the line details and it was a breeze. 
You Will Need:
Two Shades of Nail Lacquer; O.P.I - "The It Color" [yellow] & O.P.I "Over The Taupe" [taupe color]
Black Nail Polish: I used Rimmel in "Black Satin"
Toothpicks for nail design 
Top Coat: I tried out Seche Vite, so far so good ladies!
Base Coat: I used Essie Protein Base Coat 
Apply a base coat
Paint a little more than half your nail bed with two coats of your main color
Paint the remainder of your nail with two coats of your secondary color 
Draw a line down the middle of your nails with your toothpick dipped in black nail polish [be careful not to drag the toothpick as it may scrape the polish; instead lightly dot it creating a solid line]
Draw several lines near the top portion of your nail bed
 Draw more lines as illustrated in the photo above
Now draw dots down the nail bed using a new toothpick and black nail polish
Repeat the steps above on each nail, then seal with a top coat
Enjoy your new nails!




Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive