Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A little bit Country. A little bit Rock n´ Roll.

.She's a little bit of full grown-woman, she's a little bit of child
I like that peaceful easy feeling of a laid back country song
And when I sing my rock n' roll, I can sing it all night long.

Lately, the need of distraction and romance caught me reading poetry and Kerouac´s wisdom under the light of a full moon.
Refillable mugs of black coffee on the floor, the comfort of dusty leather boots and the sound of old country ballads flirting with rock n´roll songs
was everything i needed to let myself go in a world of appealing inspiration before dawn.
The last star finally said goodbye when i found myself enjoying some guitar chords and writing again, to my surprise.
I say, ´to my surprise´ cause i hadn´t done that in a while.
Like a rider on virgin territories, I filled empty sheets with new and familiar words for a while.
And it felt good, as if some weight was brushed off inside.
Like Joni, who once taped her regrets to the microphone stand, i captured my thoughts and dreams on a bunch of blank pages.
I guess the child in me still has things to say and yet the grown-woman in me has things to learn.
Life should always be seen as an open road, don´t you think?.
Hopefully, i´ll never run out of pages to fill from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog