Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

All You need is Love...


Thank you so much to
Forever Boho and Enchanted Gardens for considering my blog for these happy awards. Matea and Luana, you lovely ladies filled me with true love!

If you´re in the mood, when received this award thank the person that awarded you this in a new post. Name the 10 things that make you happy. Pass this award on to 10 other bloggers and inform the winners.

Sharing my happiness with the following inspiring and lovely blogs:


I thought of sharing some of the things that make me happy based on two of my passions:

Movies and Music!



1. MOVIES I CAN´T GET ENOUGH OF

"Almost Famous" and "Breakfast at Tiffany´s" are only two of them. I´m addicted to movies, so i have a lot of favorites but these movies are essential in my collection. I think i lost track of how many times i´ve watched them. Rock n´Roll, the 60´s, bands, groupies, glamour, romance, Audrey. Those never let me down.


2. AWESOME HIPPIE CLOTHES FROM 60´S/ 70´S MOVIES

"Envy" is the word to describe my feelings when i saw Bette Midler´s clothes on "The Rose". All the outfits were AMAZING. Just picture: woman, rock star, the 60´s, shiny dresses, colorful blouses, painted pants, awesome shoes. Perfect wardrobe.


3. LED ZEPPELIN DVD BOX SET


This dvd box set is an undeniable fact that shows the reason why these guys are legends. You got from their pounding, electric anthems to their amazing, mellower pieces with concert footage from 1970, 1972, 1973, 1975, and 1979, promos, press conferences and obviously an idea of what GREAT LIVE music sounds like. Personally i like the "Live Royal Albert Hall" and "Earls Court" performances but honestly, the whole DVD shows Led Zeppelin performing at the top of their game, proving that whatever they do, they do it great. If you want to read great reviews on Led Zeppelin, visit my friend Michelle at Stray Cat Blues. Her reading is addictive and totally worth it.


4. BEAUTIFUL DUETS



I really love it when two good artists get together and come up with a beautiful perfect duet like this one and even more when they sing it with such true love like these two did back in 1972. I´m in a country mood lately so i chose this as an example. The past few days i came across with this sweet version of "Help Me Make it Through the Night" written in 1970 by the great + sexy Kris Kristofferson and sang by Rita Coolidge (who would become his wife in 1973) and the man himself. It´s a beautiful song and just look at the way those two look at each other. They make that duet so intimate and lovely. It´s true that
"All you need is love"
....



5. AL PACINO IN "SERPICO"

Oh yeah! Not only do i consider him my number one actor, who i think deserved at least an Oscar nomination for his awesome performance in this movie but i also blame this role as Frank Serpico for making me fall deeply madly in love with him once and for all. I might be the only one who saw him as THE hot sexy hippie EVER but i confess. That´s what happened. My mom is still grateful that i wasn´t a teenager in 1973 otherwise i would have brought home someone like Serpico and would have killed her. Too much of a hippie and too much hair EVERYWHERE for her. As for me, i can´t get enough of Al in the 70´s.


6. ALFRED HITCHCOCK

There is no doubt Hitchcock would have had an "A" in suspense if that were a subject. "Vertigo" and "Rear Window" are two of my favorite mystery movies and he is one of my favorite directors.


7. ELVIS "That's The Way It Is" (1970)

This show in Vegas is definitely my favorite, even much more than the one he did in Hawaii in 1973 (he seemed kind of "tight" due to the whole "broadcast live via satellite for the first time" thing) or the one of the Comeback Special in 1968 (i liked the intimate show but he looked like a lion in a cage sometimes). In this special he is definitely at his best, much more relaxed, having fun and really enjoying it. I liked the show (the choice of tracks was perfect and the medley with the songs he was already tired of, was even better). The rehearsals were a really great bonus. He was having a good time back then and it showed. Plus, I don´t think i´ve ever seen him hotter (yeah, even wearing a jumpsuit) Anyway, i love watching that dvd over and over again. Totally recommend it.


8. ABBEY ROAD (The Beatles)

Believe it or not, this was the first Beatles album i´ve ever heard. I was probably 3 and even though i don´t recall this, my dad said i couldn´t stop smiling while listening to it. All i can say is that i´m glad i started with the next to last cause it made me curious enough to listen to all the other albums up to the first. I´m sure my dad was right cause that album was a one way ticket. When i could fully understand what i was feeling by listening to them, i realized this was one of the finest rock albums ever. It is an exceptional, elegant, unique, mature creation. It´s funny how some people can create absolute wonder out of actual chaos. It was a time of personal fights vs fucking great professional results. What can i say? This album is just perfect plus George got my heart completely with "Something" and "Here Comes The Sun". He proved he was as good of an artist as any Lennon-McCartney. Abbey Road is a true roller coaster of textures, melodies and jams woven together in a magical ride which i´m always happy to experience. The Beatles achieved perfection with this masterpiece.


9. "I´M WITH THE BAND. CONFESSIONS OF A GROUPIE"

I´m reading this book ONCE AGAIN right now (lost track of how many times i´ve already done it) and all i can say is that i adore Miss Pamela. She led the life that I could only have dreamed of leading. She seems so sincere and true to herself from the first to the last page. I don´t focus on the guys she slept with (though some names like Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger and Jim Morrison help and all i can think of is "envy") but i´m always much more charmed by the life and thirst for adventure she had besides the sexual encounters. She never stopped dreaming and in the end she made her dreams come true. Everyone interested in rock n´roll, groupies and the life of the rock stars back in the 60´s and 70´s, should read this awesome biography. 


10.. "LET IT BLEED" (The Rolling Stones)


What can i say? It´s a classic, an intoxicating album from the first to the last track. It´s a MUST for everybody who worships rock n´roll. This album never fails to entertain, amaze or inspire. The music is totally transcendent. "Gimme Shelter" is the best intro for a fun ride with exceptional stops such as "Let it Bleed", "Midnight Rambler", "You Got the Silver" until the final destination with the great magically catchy "You Can't Always Get What You Want". All i can add is that this is an essential rock album. You need to listen to it over and over to prove me right. 


Anyway, here are a few of my favorite things. Thanks for not falling asleep! 

Just felt like sharing a little bit about me.

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive