Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Knocks Me Off My Feet


I see us in the park //
Strolling the summer days of imaginings in my head //
And words from our hearts //
Told only to the wind felt even without being said //
I don't want to bore you with my trouble //
But there's somethin' bout your love //
That makes me weak and //
Knocks me off my feet //

So this is the camisole, and leather skirt that I thrifted [you may recall seeing the pics in this post] this past weekend. -

Cami: Thrifted
High Waist Leather Skirt: Thrifted
Bracelets: Forever 21
Necklace: DIY
Ring: Picnic [San Francisco]
Bow: LF Stores
Socks: American Apparel
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
---------------------------------------------------------

There is one thing I noticed after starting this blog, and that is the amount of married women that comment on my posts. Oddly enough; the readers on my blog comprise most [if not all] of the married women I know. - I started to wonder if living in the suburbs breeds more of a monogamous attitude vs city living.

I have a dear friend who is a single mother of two, and a few years ago she uprooted her family and moved to a small city in Texas. One of the motivating factors was her urge to settle down and get married. She felt that she would be single as long as she stayed and L.A, so on a whim, she left. Six months later that very same friend met her future husband. And so the story goes..they lived happily ever after.

What is it about those smaller cities? Is there more pressure to fall in line, have children and get married? Is it that there is less to do, less opportunities, less "options"? I am interested on hearing your thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive