Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

My Updated Skincare Regimen


I received a lot of questions about my skin, so I wanted to list my skin care regimen. - I have VERY acne prone skin that can flare up out of nowhere, so I have to first start off by consuming at least 2 bottles of water a day. If I start slacking on my water intake..."Houston, We Have a Problem"- Also, if I use a hair product that contains insane amounts of Shea Butter, I have to change my pillowcase every few days.

Next; Dermalogica products are really the only products that have consistently given me results. I use their line exclusively, and I haven't tried a Dermalogica product I didn't like. I honestly don't know many lines I can say that about.

As you can see, I have two regimens. I alternate between the two daily; I like to switch between the Dermal Clay Cleanser [this is a heavy duty deep cleanser], and the Clearing Skin Wash [this is a great basic skin cleanser]. So for example, I may use Regimen 1 on Sunday, and Regimen 2 on Monday.

You may also notice that I use the oil cleansing method at night; this is because using Dermalogica night AND day has a tendency to make my face somewhat dry and tight. To eliminate that; I oil cleanse at night, and moisturize my face w/Grapeseed Oil [a wonderful light oil for people who have oil, acne prone skin; this oil acts as a natural astringent]. 

I know Dermalogica products can be a tad pricey, so do what I do; I buy trial size versions of their products [can easily be found on Amazon], and when my money permits, I buy the full size.

Regimen 1: 
Pre Cleanse face w/Dermalogica Pre Cleanse
Cleanse face w/ Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser
Gently exfoliate w/ Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Apply Dermalogica Skin Clearing Mattifier to acne prone, oil spots [That is usually my "T" zone, and the areas next to my hairline]
Moisturize skin w/Cetaphil Skin Moisturizer

Night Regimen:
Oil Cleanse w/Olive Oil
Moisturize w/Grapeseed

Regimen 2:
Pre Cleanse Face w/Dermalogica Pre Cleanse
Cleanse face w/Clearing Skin facial wash
Apply Dermalogica Skin Clearing Mattifier to acne prone, oil spots [That is usually my "T" zone, and the areas next to my hairline]
Moisturize skin w/Cetaphil Skin Moisturizer

Night Regimen:
Oil Cleanse w/Olive Oil
Moisturize w/Grapeseed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive