Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dear universe, dazzle me and leave me breathless like Godard

Oh, là là! What you did to me, Jean-Luc Godard.

Sometimes it just takes a movie to help you escape reality for a little while.
And you know you chose the right movie when there´s Paris in the 60´s, the beginning of the French New Wave, a black and white atmosphere,
the romance between a sweet american girl like Jean Seberg and a french sexy heavy smoker bad boy like Belmondo and of course,
a talented Truffaut behind the story and Goddard behind the camera.
I believe when you have this kind of fascinating inspiration, you have to go with the flow.
It´s so much fun to play a character every once in a while and something inside me knew Patricia Franchini would understand me perfectly.
Once again, she seduced me and i was right. A curious, sometimes confused careless girl hungry for adventure who plays it cool but often can´t light a cigarette properly because she´s afraid of too many things in life and likes to dream, flirt and smile instead, sounds just like me. At least for now.
I guess finding who you are is an everyday task, right? Well, right now i´m an everyday learner. "Une apprenante".
But there´s one thing i know for sure, simple things that make you happy are the ones that make a girl light a cigarette at once.
Watch that exquisite long scene in the bedroom in "À bout de souffle" where Michel and Patricia stay in bed, laughing, fooling around, making plans between striped clothes, fedora hats, kisses and Parisienne cigarettes and you´ll know what i´m talking about.
I might not be in Paris yet but sometimes a good movie, french fries, milkshakes, a few cigarettes
and love between the sheets is enough happiness for a girl like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog