Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

She wants to act like summer and dance by the sea.

Kelley Ash and Ali by Harper Smith

Lou Doillon and Jessica Joffe by Vanessa Bruno

-We are music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams.
Wandering by lone sea-breakers. And sitting by desolate streams.
World losers and world forsakers. On whom the pale moon gleams.
Yet we are movers and shakers. Of the world for ever, it seems.-

This week i´ve been thinking of the sea.
Of how good it makes me feel whenever i´m overwhelmed by nostalgia and melancholy.
Such beautiful loner, a constant inspiration that keeps so many secrets and whispers between messy untamed waves.
Sometimes you just need the sea.
You just feel like closing your eyes, spreading your wings and taking deep breaths in front of him.
You love that moment when you both meet, each time it´s different but equally special , monotony fades and there´s a sense of escape, of hope where the horizon flirts with the sky. I know it´s a cliché but he never fails to keep my soul free, young, wild and awake.
The sea is so alive and wise, he constantly invites you to be an adventurer and sail in high winds. He gives me strength, he makes me happy.
It´s his whimsical enchanting mood that always makes me smile with my lips or my eyes.
These beautiful pictures proved the sea has a magical effect. They persuaded me and once again, i fell in love with him.
I travelled in my mind and felt like a mermaid married to the sea.
I danced barefoot in fluffly pastel dresses, mesmerized by his gentle touch, singing lullabies while my hair tangled up in the wind and my toes played with the sand.
I recited poetry under a lavender sky, the water listened carefully and for a moment she washed off nostalgia from my heart.
I remained silent and watched my dreams floating on the sea. I guess i often swim in my head but i always prefer his company.
Recently i heard that ´nostalgia is denial. A flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present´.
That might be right but it does not have to be bad.
Nostalgia also keeps me alive. It keeps me hungry for better things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog