Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream Review



I get a lot of questions on how I use my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream, and why I LOVE it so much. So I decided to write a quick review in hopes that I can help others that may have the same question.


Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyacrylamide, Olive Glycerides, Synthetic Wax, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-67, Butylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Bismuth Oxychloride, Panthenol, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Laureth-7, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10.

Claims: [from website]
Who is it for? Women with normal to dry, dull hair, who seek moisture and radiant, reflective shine.
Frizz-fighting, soft-seeking shine cream works for nearly every hair type. With encapsulated olive oil spheres to instantly reboot shine all day long. Our superstar formula, ever so brilliant.
Advanced Technology - Encapsulated Shine-Release Complex
Key Ingredient: Olive Oil
Brilliant Glossing takes inspiration from nature with its winning olive oil formula, and incorporates new encapsulation technology in Fekkai Advanced.
Micro-encapsulation technology allows finer olive oil droplets to target and cover your hair for even distribution & coverage from the root to the tip. With our encapsulated Shine-Release Complex, Brilliant Glossing formulas will deliver refreshed shine throughout the day for ALL DAY SHINE.
This product collection uses a new, breakthrough encapsulation technology to help deliver even reflective shine from root to tip, and refresh your shine for brilliant hair throughout the day.

I went out and bought a sample size of this product from Ulta ($9.00 for 1.6 oz), after hearing Michelle Obama's stylist raving about it in a magazine interview. Granted he works for Frederic Fekkai in Los Angeles, and stylists almost always rep the brands they work for, so I was a little skeptical. At the time I was wearing my hair pressed, so I was desperate to find something to add sheen and softness, without weighing my hair down.

I like to apply most styling [Chi Silk Infusion, Rusk Polisher, etc] products in WET hair, I get better coverage, and the products don't just "sit" on my hair like they do if I were to apply it to dry hair.

So with that being said, I used my normal leave-in condish, then I added dime sized portions of the glossing cream to each section of my hair [I had 4 sections]. This made my hair soft instantaneously, I was impressed, but the real test would come after the blowdry and press. I know a product is good if my hair is still silky, smooth, and soft after blow drying and pressing my hair. Below are a couple of pics, the first one is my hair pressed and set on Caruso Steam Rollers, the second pic is my hair after blow drying.




[Both pics were taken during two different styling sessions]

The Good:
  • This product delivers consistent results every time I use it. 
  • There are multiple uses; You can use it throughout the week as a moisturizer. You can use it to pull your hair back in a sleek ponytail. You can use this as a light setting agent for sleek, shiny, braid outs, and twist outs.  
  • I get shiny, soft, manageable hair with tons of body!
  • The results stick around for days not hours like other styling products
  •  It is widely available on ground in most professional beauty supplies, and stores like Ulta, and Sephora.
  • You can try the $9 bottle before you make the $27 splurge
  • Because you don't need much to achieve results, it lasts for a long time. [I had my 1.6oz bottle for 6 months]
 The Bad: 
  • At $27 this stuff is pretty costly compared to similar stylers.
  • The ingredients are the type that are hard to pronounce, which generally means they are synthetic. The opposite of au natural. 
  • The second ingredient is SILICONE! [which could mean some serious build-up if you aren't careful]
Restock?
Most definitely [and I don't say that a lot], I actually made the splurge last week on the $27 bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive