Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Overnight Ayurvedic Pre-Poo Treatment - The Pictorial


You Will Need:
1/4 Cup Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Tablespoon Brahmi Powder
1 Tablespoon Neem Powder
1 Tablespoon Methi Powder

- Gloves
- Plastic Cap
- Applicator Brush
- Silk Scarf  


***this pre-poo treatment has a potent "herbal" smell, just an fyi to those with sensitive sniffers!***

Why Should You Pre-Poo?


Simply put, using shampoo [especially shampoo's formulated with sulfates] strips the hair of it's natural oils [sebum]. Sebum is very important because it plays a vital role in protecting the protein structure of the hair. Doing a Pre-Poo/Pre-Shampoo Treatment preps the hair by adding moisture, therefore minimizing [in most cases eliminating] the harsh effects of shampoo.
About These Ingredients;

Coconut Oil - Strengthens Hair at the Root - Moisturizes Hair & Scalp - Purported to Aid in Hair Growth - Rich in Minerals

Coconut Milk - Strengthens Hair at the Root - Coconut Milk Contains Proteins, so it can Help Prevent/Stop Hair Breakage. Nourishes Scalp with Minerals. Purported to Aid in Hair Growth, & Stop Hair Loss.

Brahmi Powder - Strengthens Hair at the Root - Stimulates Hair Growth - Imparts Shine & Sleekness to Hair -

Neem Powder - Acts as an Antibacterial Agent & Prevents Dandruff - Imparts Shine

Methi Powder - Restores the Hair Shaft - Strengthens Hair at the Root - Purported to Aid in Hair Growth - Moisturizes Hair & Scalp

  Add Herbs To Bowl

Add Conditioner

Add Coconut Milk

Then Coconut Oil

MIX WELL
[Because I added oils and excess liquids to a water based conditioner, this formulation will not completely emulsify. It is ok if you have some separation as pictured above. ]

I add this mixture to DAMP HAIR using an applicator brush, and to ensure even distribution, I work it through my hair using my hands. Once the Pre-Poo treatment is added to my entire head, I put my hair in a loose bun, put on a plastic cap, then my silk scarf, and it's off to bed!   

I rinse my hair in the morning [it usually takes about 2 rinses to get rid of any residue], shampoo, condition, and style as usual. My hair feels MUCH softer, stronger, and my issues with elasticity and porosity are corrected after using this mixture. I like to alternate between commercial products [for the convenience], and homemade mixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive